Beneteau 343 Wire Rigging Specs?

May 7, 2022
Beneteau 343 Port Washington
Hi, new to the forum. Just purchased a 2005 343, and the mast was stepped recently. Would like the wire size and tension specs please for all standing rigging as it pertains to the in-mast furling. Thanks in advance. Rob

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Last edited:
May 7, 2022
Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Kelly,
Now that SailSF has supplied the specs, contact US Spars for availability. Beneteau also has a Standing rigging kit (complete) for the boat; the Beneteau part number is 458057.
I usually tension my rig at 10% of breaking strength. At 10% the wires "feel" tight and have no slack; however, 10% tension is fairly light. Many tension to 15% and serious competition boats are up around 20%. Bad news is that you are going to need a set of two Loos guages to tension the large and small diameter wires. Best advice on tuning the standing rigging for in mast roller furling is to keep the mast straight with minimal bend.
Good luck with the new boat; hope you enjoy it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions / problems.

May 7, 2022
Kelly,
Now that SailSF has supplied the specs, contact US Spars for availability. Beneteau also has a Standing rigging kit (complete) for the boat; the Beneteau part number is 458057.
I usually tension my rig at 10% of breaking strength. At 10% the wires "feel" tight and have no slack; however, 10% tension is fairly light. Many tension to 15% and serious competition boats are up around 20%. Bad news is that you are going to need a set of two Loos guages to tension the large and small diameter wires. Best advice on tuning the standing rigging for in mast roller furling is to keep the mast straight with minimal bend.
Good luck with the new boat; hope you enjoy it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions / problems.
Much appreciated,. The uppers and lowers are new. Just ordered a loos gauge which I thought would capture all the standing rigging wire sizes, but based on your comments I need to re-check to Loos gauge I orderec and possibly order or borrow the smaller one. Thanks again.