Battery Placement

Jun 27, 2024
Hunter 37c Mobile
I am curious where everyone has there batteries on there 37c. Previous owner has them in the icebox in the starboard lazerette and I would like to relocate them to a more standard location.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
The attached picture shows the batteries as they were in 2000. The ice box is to the left (forward) of the batteries.

I have not changed the location but have rebuilt the platform twice since then. The second rebuild made the shelf much stronger, and created a custom battery box made from 3/4 inch ply, glassed and then painted with acid proof paint on the inside. The box holds two Trojan T-1275 batteries, performing well after 6 years, including 5 living aboard. Future replacements will probably be both smaller and lighter.

Attachments

Aug 17, 2022
Hunter 37 Cherubini Seward
I had a similar arrangement but with two house batts and one starter batt. I don't use the lazarette access the ice box, so I relocated my batts (all three) to the top of this access hatch. Made for a lot more space in the lazarette and I'm a lot more inclined to check on the batts, now that I don't have to unload half the boat to get to them. Headed down this weekend. I'll send some pics.