Batteries - More Questions

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
About 5 feet

Four CG2 batteries installed. Braces installed; they are not going to move. All wiring hooked up.

Next task is installing the pro-mariner charger. Anyone know how many feet of wire from the OEM charger location to the battery box for the charger temperature sensor?
What gauge wire for that run.
The wire that comes with the charger is pretty thin so any stranded wire greater than 24 gauge should be fine. 5-6' will do it.

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
4AWG is probably right for the 12v DC + and - charging cables. The DC ground can be one size smaller.

A far smaller gauge works for the temp sensor but 24 ga. would seem overly thin. The install manual should tell you the answer.

Charles

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
Very nice. Cleaning looking install with the correct orientation. Did you go with one big bank or two?
Two banks. However, next summer I may move the + bus bars and put in a starter battery and connect the existing two banks in parallel. Or, I may just go with a single bank and be done with it. No decision yet.

I went with a 20 amp charger. It is under-kill, but I want to charge the batteries slowly.