Batten Lengths H26

B-ness

Jul 8, 2012
Hunter 26 Lake Scandinavian
Does someone know the lengths of the battens in the mainsail of the H26? Also, any advice regarding sourcing replacements would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
That will all depend on who made your sail. Best thing to do is to buy some stock and cut it to size once it arrives just make sure you get the correct width. West Marine sells it and you might be able to find it here in the SBO site

• Helpful

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
With your sail spread out in a loft/on the grass/ in your basement... you can use a ruler to measure the length width of the pocket. You can also use an old batten to get a good approximation.

Be sure that you check the batten pocket on the sail if batten is just missing. They sometimes fly out of a torn pocket, soar through the air then dive deep into the water. :yikes:

Then all you can do is repair the pocket and best guess by measuring the pocket size.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
When the batten is cut to size to fit the batten pocket, make darn sure all the ends are rounded and sand smooth so not to tear the batten pockets

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
When the batten is cut to size to fit the batten pocket, make darn sure all the ends are rounded and sand smooth so not to tear the batten pockets
yeah... what @Crazy Dave Condon said... you can also buy end caps from sail rite.... actually they are a good source of battens as well

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
I bought the flexible end caps and epoxied them to the batten.

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
My H240 takes 5/8" battens. I ordered a seven foot section with caps from Sailrite. I had issues with it not staying in. After several attempts at resewing the pocket I folded sail tape over the leech and haven't had any issues since. I was able the measure the pocket with the sail laying over the boom.