barber hauler options

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve

I would like to set up barber haulers, but don't have a toe-rail. Has anyone tried setting one up on the cleat or elsewhere? How did you set it up and was it worth the effort/expense?

M

Michael O'Hara

Pad-Eyes

Although my H25 has a toe-rail, I've seen a good diagram of how to set up a barber-hauler system in the book "Sail's Things that Work". It basically shows installation of a pad-eye on the deck for the deck-mounted block. Hmmmmm...... I think if I had to install a deck pad-eye, I'd rather choose to install a genoa block track. Good luck! Michael O'

M

Mike

Outboard Fairlead

Steve, I wondered about a barberhauler setup for my 376 also. I didn't want to drill holes for a padeye until I felt it was worth it in terms of better sail shape etc. My low impact solution was to buy a snatch block with a snap shackle on the end. I put the shackle end thru the inboard sidestay fitting. I put the jib sheet fairlead all the way aft, open the snatch block and run the sheet thru it. Works so good I have never got around to installing a padeye!

M

Michael Cohn

Use track

I second the idea of a genoa car track - you will get a much smoother, more symmetrical adjustment. MC

Status
Not open for further replies.