Ball Valve Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff

I recently had my ball valves replaced on my 2004 466, what a pain in the ass. After they launched the boat, I notice a leak and had to get it rehauled becuase a through hole seal broke when they replced the ball valve. I hope this will not turn into a huge problem.

abe

Jan 2, 2007
- - channel islands
Jeff I am the channel islands....

and thinking of going to Ventura to replace mine. Any recomendations?

May 5, 2004
Hunter 386 Little River, SC
I have had that concern........

....... since I heard about the recall. Breaking the valves loose will require some effort, and I am concerned about compromising the seal with the hull. Any recommencations ? Jeff

Dec 3, 2003
Hunter Legend 37 Portsmouth, RI
I Have a Friend...

...who had his replaced (9 of them on a H456) and praised Hunter's response. This was done before his launch and didn't have to haul the boat. Check with Hunter about the cost. They have a lot at stake with the liability that they have incurred and my pay for the haul if it is on the invoice and stated why.

J

Jeff

Seal

Hunter should have a written protocal directed to experienced boatyards as to how the ball valves are to be replaced with as little collateral damage as possible. I am now concerned that the integrity to all the through hole seals have been jeoprodized.

D

Don

thru hull integrity

Surprising how one yard worker making a stupid mistake can generate controversy. Replacing a valve is one of the, if not the single most fundamentally simple thing to do, requires practically no precaution and only a tiny amount of expertise equivalent to that required to operate a wrench while someone else holds the thruhull still. Some jerk obviously allowed the thruhull to turn. Just make sure he doesn't have a twin somewhere and everything will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.