Balboa 8.2 spreaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2012
Balboa 8.2 Ithaca, NY
I just purchased a Balboa 8.2 and the masthead and spreaders are missing. The marina that broke the original mast misplaced the spreaders and mast head. I already have sources for both but don't know the size or length of the spreaders and would like a photo of the masthead to order the right "style". Any info is greatly appreciated.
BobO.

Dec 27, 2012
Coastal Recreation Balboa 8.2 Cumberland, RI
Let me know if you still need the information - I have a 1976 Balboa 8.2 and can easily send you measurements and pictures if you need.

Sep 15, 2012
Balboa 8.2 Ithaca, NY
Balboa Spreaders size

jcollemer,

I certainly can use the info. I am compiling my to order llists for this spring and need to get going on the mast. Had to reset access to the forum after forgetting my pw etc. Been away too long. I have already been to the RigRite and Dwyer sites for parts but as mentioned, not sure of spreader lengths. I picked up the Balboa just a couple of months before Storm Sandy hit the marina that was storing the boat. Can't say for sure if there would have been damage done or not as the boat was on the hard but under some large trees that could have come down on it. I have extensive work to do ranging from a new Beta Marine inboard to resealing the hull to the deck and redo much of the interior. Two springs from now I would like to trailer to Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. and push off to the Bahamas. This summer I will do a float test in Cayuga Lake here in upstate NY and shakedown cruises in Lakes Champlain and Ontario. We owned a MacGregor 25 many years ago and sailed these local areas. Thanks in advanced for the info. Bob O.

Dec 27, 2012
Coastal Recreation Balboa 8.2 Cumberland, RI
Bob O.

Here are some pictures that should help. I also have quite a few spring projects for the Balboa 8.2. I have to mount the rebuilt Petter Mini-6 diesel, replace the standing rigging, replace the original thru-hull valves with proper seacocks, and rebed the deck hardware... so I'll be busy for a while. Hoping to get it out on Narragansett Bay, RI this year... We shall see. Let me know if you need more.

-Jeff

Sep 15, 2012
Balboa 8.2 Ithaca, NY
Thanks J, I just happen to be on the forum when I noticed your reply to my spreader question and it appears you are braving the cold to get the measurements and photos. This is greatly appreciated as I had miscalculated spreaders to 31 inches and the photo shows to be 26 inches. Also the spreaders are round and I was thinking that they would be airfoils. Thanks again, Bob O.

Status
Not open for further replies.