Bahamas

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Spiers

I have a Macgregor Venture 25. I have been sailing on inland lakes only so far, albeit in a tornado or two and one hurricane that came inland. My question is: the misses wants to start travelling the extra few hours to the Gulf and practice up for a possible trip from the Florida Keys to the Bahamas. My opinion is the boat is not suited for such a trip. Any comments?

J

John Chaplain

bahamas in a mac

The Mac could make it to the Bahamas ok in fair weather, but in my opinion it is too dangerous to do alone. Too far out to sea if it ever got rough. I plan to make the trip in a convoy with a few other Mac owners sometime. Safety in numbers. ( Even safer if you can get one in the convoy who has a much bigger boat to accompany you!)

M

Marty and Mike

sounds like a good idea

Which model do you have John? We aquired our boat with intentions of river sailing. Altho the blue, crystal clear waters of the Florida Keys and Bahamas are very tempting. I beleive a convoy of boats would be the way to do it. If something did go arye you've got your fellow man there to help out.

C

Curtiss Grant

Bahamas!!!

I have attached a WEB site that you will find revelant and ENJOYABLE. I too would like to do Florida Keys and Bahamas!!! I also am going to get over to Sam Rayburn someday. Good Luck!

J

Jerry Crowder

Yes!

I found this site you might be interested in. http://hcgiles.home.mindspring.com/index.htm Enjoy the read, and write for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.