Bahamas Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger Magill

We are planning to be in the Bahamas, meeting up with some friends who are flying in from the States in late January. I'm interested in finding the best spot (in the Abacos or Eleuthera) for us to anchor our boat and for them to fly in and find a nice hotel. Does anyone out there have some ideas?

J

Joe C.

I like Treasure Cay

Your friends can fly in to Nassau (or a couple of other places)and take a "puddle jumper" to Treasure Cay. After you get across the Gulf Stream (weather needing to cooperate)it's about 2 days to Treasure. The area a little to the north above Green Turtle Cay down to Marsh Harbor has great sailing, snorkling etc. It is developed enough to be safe and convenient but quiet enough to be fun and relaxed. A cruising guide to the Abacos is a great help. Hope this helps, Joe C. in NC '01 H260 Windward Passage PS I'm there next year!

P

Peter Everts

Ditto, Treasure Cay

I agree with Joe that Treasure Cay would be a great starting point. Green Turtle Cay is a fun anchorage - home of the Goombay Smash! Also Nassau to Highborne Cay and down the Exumas is prime. Have fun! Peter on the Annie Battle - 99' H260

Status
Not open for further replies.