BAHAMAS IN A 26S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BEEKER

I WOULD LIKE TO SAIL TO THE BAHAMAS IN MY MAC. SHOULD I ATTEMT THIS? I'VE READ A FEW CRUISE LOGS OF OTHER MAC OWNERS BUT NOT TO THE BAHAMAS. ANY MAC OWNERS OUT THERE THAT HAVE TAKEN LONG PASSAGES WITH A 26 ?

B

Bob Jordan

Southwinds

I've read of a couple crossings from Florida to Bermuda. Good weather is key. Research port entry requirements and good anchoring sites. A stock of repair parts seems prudent. Knowing fishing seasons and limitations also inportant if you plan to subsist on lobster and other sea food. A rubber dingy seemed to be very important. Bug spray may make life more bearable. It may be crucial to also carry a small generator, spare batteries and be equipped with state-of-art electronic navigation and communication equipment.

B

barrett

try here

Try this link: http://www.tcel.com/~pstobo/index.html He was a pretty green sailor, at least sounds that way, and it was an X boat with a big motor, but you might find it interesting...Also try one or both of the following...I believe there are links on A-1 sailboats webpage OR Havencraft about sailing macs to bahamas...though I can't say for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.