Axle length

Jun 30, 2015
Hunter 26 2 Cape Charles VA
Does anyone know the axle length for a Hunter 26 trailer? I need to replace an axle that broke in half. I have measured it but am having a difficult time as it is broken. I could jack the trailer up and remove rear tires to measure the rear axle but it would be much easier if someone knew the length of the axle. Thanks!

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Are you able to see any identification on either axle? Does it show on the title work it is Hunter? Let me know. Where do you sail?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Steve, is it possible to identify the trailer.... you know... either from a badge on the frame or by taking a look at the registration? If you are successful with that, your next step would be to contact the facility you intend to purchase the new axle from, ask if they have a data base of trailers.

Quite frankly, I don't think you'd even have to do that if you can use some deductive reasoning. Instead of trying to measure the broken axle itself, why don't you measure the distance from the axle's frame attachment point, double that, and add it to the distance BETWEEN the frame attachment points. A= attachment point on frame to axle end, B = Distance between left and right frame attachment points..... 2A + B = C (where C is total axle length)
easy peasy.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
If it's a dual axle trailer, I'd recommend measuring the other axle, or grabbing the ID/model numbers off of one of them. Trailer parts are fairly universal so identification shouldn't be difficult. eTrailer has some excellent support