autopilot

Jun 14, 2004
S2 9.2A Marblehead Oh
looks like it's time to replace my old Navico wheelpilot . I've been looking at a Raymarine EV100 and Defender seems to have the best price at $1,223.99
I am looking for any other options or suggestions
Tom

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
You could get a cpt but they are about$1900 and they do NOT interface to other electronics. The Raymarine will work well. If you sail with it, keeping the boat balanced is best..I have the predecessor and use it mostly for long motoring runs.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
BTW, this a pretty generic question and really particular to S2s..These can be asked in “All Sailors” forum for a broader distribution

May 8, 2018
Allied 42xl Galveston
From what I read on other topics in this forum is.......how much do you love her? Get her a wheel motor or show her you care and mount her a below unit all....proper like. OR, Walk the dog.....doll her up.... with a full blown Raymarine interfacing system units and replace the ev100 wheel motor with a CPT motor......two wires snip snip

Jun 14, 2004
S2 9.2A Marblehead Oh
Well I went with the Raymarine EV100
Installed it over the weekend , just need to mount the display
I found the parts needed and will mount on Friday
Thanks for your input
Tom

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Good luck Tom. Keep any boombox or away from the compass sensor. (The thing that looks like the Starship Enterprise)
I learned the AP will throw your boat into a “crazy Ivan” if you stick a boombox on top of the cabinet holding the sensor.

Jun 14, 2004
S2 9.2A Marblehead Oh
I didn’t find an Edson nut to attach pod to arm but I found a brass one in plumbing at a hardware store
Autopilot works great
Tracks very straight
Now I need to network it with wind , speed and gps
Tom