Autopilot Options for Hunter 326

Sep 24, 2011
Hunter 326 Maderia Beach
Hello...I purchased a Raymarine EV-100 Wheel pilot for my 2002 Hunter 326. I have had it for just over 4 months, and they told me to send it back for servicing again. Needless to say, I am not impressed with this model. The first issues was that the motor was not getting enough power. They said the connection was bad and replaced that. They also checked the computer which I sent in, and said there was no issues with that. After reinstalling it, it worked for one trip and was used for about 2 hours. The next day, it kept saying drive stopped. So after another couple of hours with on the phone with the techs, they want me to send to whole thing in.
So my confidence in this model is not high, but I am not sure if there are any other options for me that I can find.

What are you using for an autopilot on your Hunter 326?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Might do a search on SBO forum on "hunter 326 autopilot" to see threads on that subject.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Better concentrate on repairing what you have.
There are very limited options available for your boat. If you convert to a linear drive the acquisition and installation costs increase substantially, and it may not be physically possible. Finally, the course computer, compass, and controller would be the same that you have now.