Autohelm Wheel Clamp Replacement 1989 Mark II

Nov 2, 2020
Catalina 30 TRBS Chapin, SC
The wheel clamps For the autohelm ST4000 on my steering wheel snapped. I need to replace them but I can’t seem to figure out what size. Has anybody replaced these clamps on the original autohelm? And if so, what size and where did you get them from? I’m not sure what to measure on my steering wheel to find the right ones.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
The wheel clamps For the autohelm ST4000 on my steering wheel snapped. I need to replace them but I can’t seem to figure out what size. Has anybody replaced these clamps on the original autohelm? And if so, what size and where did you get them from? I’m not sure what to measure on my steering wheel to find the right ones.
Wow...is there a story about how you broke the straps on your AP? Those seem pretty stout.

Did you “Tool Man” the motor on the AP ?

Greg

Nov 2, 2020
Catalina 30 TRBS Chapin, SC
Wow...is there a story about how you broke the straps on your AP? Those seem pretty stout.

Did you “Tool Man” the motor on the AP ?

Greg
I wish there WAS a good story, but....no. Original clamps just wore out.

May 24, 2013
Catalina 30 MK III 6444 Marina Del Rey
Tally Ho.
There is quite a variety of sizes. None of the ones for sale were the right ones for my boat. I found a fellow who is 3D printing them. They work. I came across his add while searching EBay etc, since they are discontinued and out of stock. At least for the 4000 series.
One of mine failed while out sailing in benign conditions. Just 20 years of UV exposure.