Auto Cruising Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger Magill

We are heading out on a 6 month cruise from our old home (Pennsylvania) to our new home (Florida), with a swing out to the Bahamas before settling in. We've been able to get everything else settled except for the best way to handle our two cars during this time. We intend to park them at a family members home during this time but would be interested to find if anyone knows of an insurance company that will allow (inexpensive) coverage on them while they sit idle for these months. Any ideas?

C

Capt. Marc

Home owners?

When I left my car at home for 51/2 months my home owner's insurance company would cover it if it was parked in the garage. My home owner's is also my auto insurance company, and it was parked inside my garage.

G

Gene Foraker

Homeowners - NO!!!

Sorry, but no way a homeowners policy covers any motor vehicle except a lawn tractor. Never has, never will. If you think differently, just have your agent put it in writing. He won't do it. This legend is one we insurance agents hate to hear. The best place to cover your autos is with the company and agent who has taken your money for all these years. He should be able to strip your policy down to the bare minimum the law allows and give you good advice. If he is not interested in helping you, you chose the wrong agent probably based on price alone. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I don't understand why you would ask a bunch of sailors a technical insurance question when you have already paid an agent for his service.

R

Roger Magill

I Agree...

Gene, As an insurance person myself for the past 20 years (although not P

Status
Not open for further replies.