attaching solar panels to arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito
I'm planning on purchasing three Kyocera 130-watt panels, and would like to attach them longitudinally to the aft end of my arch (H46) in order to create something of a photovoltaic bimini. Has anyone done this? If so, how did you connect the panels to the arch? Thanks.

P

Paul Bednarzyk

Solar Panels

John, when I put solar panel on my 380, I made a second arch out of one inch steel tubing that I purchased from my local canvas shop. They even cut and bent the hoops for me. I was able to tie it into the fiberglass traveler arch and the existing frame for my bimini, howeveryou can use any number of attachment points depending on how your boat is set up. For some ideas, chech out www.e-marine.com. Hope this helps. Paul Bednarzyk S/V La Dolce Vita

Feb 19, 2004
Hunter 466 SF Bay Area
A few designs

Hi John, I worked through a couple of designs with KKMI. All would extend off the arch, above a bimini. Happy to share a pdf with you that has a ton of example ideas, cribbed from the aerial shots of last years haha and other sources. In the end I decided to wait and keep researching. (18 months till we shove off) For example, I have since tripped over the Solar Stik as another option. allan

Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito
double duty

I've decided not to go the solar stick route because these panels will serve double duty as a hard bimini over the wheel. I have a stainless arch, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.