ATN Spinnaker sleeve

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 278 Lyndeborough NH
I have used the ATN sleeve. It works well and is the simplest assembly to use. But finding a place to attached the control line is not easy. Since my boat has an adjustable spinnaker pole track, I attach it to the car's loop. It has been my fall-back solution.

I have been experimenting with Selden's GX-7.5 top-down furler and deck-mounted removable bowsprit.

The bowsprit works very well. I did need to move the bow cleats back about six inches for clearance and to allow the proper support locations. Other bowsprit configurations would not allow sufficient clearance of the bow pulpit.

The other problem I had was that the spinnaker headboard was too stiff and too broad interfering with the top-down furling aspect. I have removed a portion of the headboard but may still have to relocate the spinnaker halyard mast block a few inches higher.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Some of the sail guys suggest removing the board and replacing it with webbing. We did this to ours and the difference was astounding. Fair note though - The webbing does not distribute the load as evenly as the board.