Asymmetrical Spin Sheet leads

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin

Contiuing on the asymetrical spin rigging theme, what about the sheet leads? I'm assuming a block on the toe rail is appropriate, but am not sure about location fore/aft. Is lead position as critical as with jib leads? I have also heard that the point of the widest beam is the best spot. Any other 35.5 owners have asym rigging suggestions? Thanks in advance.

D

David Foster

At the stern

Mine is rigged to a snatch block rigged to the stern end of the toe rail. Then I bring it back to the jib sheet winch at the side of the cockpit. A block rigged to your stern cleat could work just as well. This is the recommended set-up, and it no adjustment is required. The sail is trimmed with tension on the halyard (or tack) and the sheet to the clew. David Lady Lillie

Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito
twingers

Yes, lead position is important, however, a virtual spinnaker fairlead adjustment can be simulated using "twingers," which are small running blocks led forward approximately half the distance from the turning blocks. ASk a knowledgable racer to show you how they're rigged. Otherwise, as a general rule, the spin sheet turning block should be outboard and as far aft as possible. (BTW' I've also heard twingers referred to as "tweakers" once when crewing on an ultra-light, but most of the literature calls them "twingers."

L

Lance

Asymmetrical Spin.

I Recently bought a 37.5 with a brand new A.S. from UK Sails. If you go to there web sit you will find a lot of information on the A.S.,and how to fly it, etc. Good Luck Lance

D

Doug T.

What's the URL?

www.uksails.com doesn't seem to be the right... what site did you find the info on?

D

Dakota Jim

As far aft as possible

Place them as far aft as possible. On the 340 there are tanks on the sterm pulpet that accept the blocks turning the sheets back to the winches.

K

Kevin

uk sails url

Thanks for the responses everyone. Doug, I found UK Sails at www.uksailmakers.com. Kevin Holloran s/v carpe sinum

L

Lance

Asym. Spinaker

Doug Go to http://uksailmaker.com. If you have a flasher from them, I have info on that I could fax you. Let me know. Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.