Anyone with a Tach on their S2 8.0?

Dec 5, 2013
S2 8.0 Jacksonville, Florida
I am interested in installing a tachometer on my 8.0B with a saildrive. The parts breakdown shows a tach kit, but nowhere does it show where the tachometer should be connected to the engine itself. I poked around, but even the places that look possible would only end up being a guess by me.

Anyone have any knowledge on this to toss my way?

Thanks

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I am interested in installing a tachometer on my 8.0B with a saildrive. The parts breakdown shows a tach kit, but nowhere does it show where the tachometer should be connected to the engine itself. I poked around, but even the places that look possible would only end up being a guess by me.

Anyone have any knowledge on this to toss my way?

Thanks
is this a diesel powered sail drive and if it is is it a yanmar engine if so there is a place on the fly wheel cover that a potentiometer will go to give you your rpms when hooked up to the tach.....if not look at the weema tack kits they are very good and they will also help you in the customer service department ...hope this helped...

regards

woody

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
I solved my lack of a tach sender on my Yanmar by having a local alternator shop add a tach take off to it. I think it was under $40 and has worked great for a year or more. Of course, now I have to get my spare alternator modified so it works with the tach, too, so finding something that's fixed to the engine would probably be for the best!

John