Anyone Know Who Owns This Beached Boat ???

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Hi All,

I got a call last night from my mother who was concerned about a boat anchored off her house in NH.

Apparently this sailboat appeared a few weeks ago, was anchored, and then began dragging her anchor out to sea with the NW winds. When she called me last night she said it kept getting further and further out and nobody in the neighborhood knew who's boat it was.

I said to her, last night, that if it had blown out to sea that it would be coming back in as we had some high winds yesterday blowing onto the shore.

This anchorage in Plaice Cove, NH is OPEN OCEAN. It is where I grew up and any moorings there need to be HUGE. It's also a rocky bottom so anchors generally don't hold there for very long.

The location was Plaice Cove, NH in between Little Boars Head and Big Boars Head.

I got these pics from her this morning and the boat did blow onto the beach last night and looks to be totaled.

If you know who's boat this is please let me know or notify them directly!

Jun 4, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 352 NYC
Don't the salvage rules apply? If you drag it back to a marina, you own it?

Feb 6, 1998
Don't the salvage rules apply? If you drag it back to a marina, you own it?
Go for it! She's now full of so much sand that would require a Sikorsky to move her!! Also her keel appears to have snapped off...

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
She does look a bit worse for the wear. Always remember the rigging costs more than the hull.

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
Maybe someone trying to make a quick buck on a boat that cannot sell?

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
What happened to Maine Sail's picture and why does his name have a line through it?
Frank

Feb 6, 1998
What happened to Maine Sail's picture and why does his name have a line through it?
Frank
My photos are hosted on an external site, and linked to, that site is apparently quite slow tonight..

The line is supposed to be above my name dividing the post from my signature but for some reason it's not?

Jun 3, 2004
Oday Widgeon Ipswich, MA
The line is supposed to be above my name dividing the post from my signature but for some reason it's not?
The forum provides a line to divide your post from your signature, so why don't you just take it out of your signature? Problem solved.

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
Are there no authorities that could have been contacted to do something about this boat when it was first being dragged out to sea? At that point it certainly was a hazard to navigation and, I would think, the CG would have been interested

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
I still wonder why the CG was not called when it was first noticed this boat was draggin anchor and heading out to sea.

Feb 6, 1998
I still wonder why the CG was not called when it was first noticed this boat was draggin anchor and heading out to sea.
The authorities were notified that it had been dragging by at least two people that I know of. Unfortunately the USCG can't police every boat owner who does not anchor his or her vessel in a safe way. Perhaps they did show up but the boat was anchored within the "realm" of the anchorage. There is not much they will do if it's not in imminent danger especially if you are not in attendance or on the boat..

I have new photos and more info that I will post later...

Aug 2, 2005
pearson ariel grand rapids
Same here Higgs, In my opinion that would have been the right time to do something about it.

Ken.