anyone know this boat?? 91 Capri 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael

I am in the market for a sail craft for the family to use to learn sailing. I have some sailing experience. In my boat search I came across a Capri 26 that looks interesting. It has a sail drive outboard (8 hp), upgraded traveler, auto helm, shore power, lazy jacks, and an array of electronics. I would appreciate any feed back on how this boat sails. Any maintenance concerns? Thanks so much, Michael ~~~~~~~~~~__/)~~~~~~~ waterline28@yahoo.com

N

Nate Jackson

91 capri

The capri looks like a good boat to me. I am currently sailing a catalina 25 and have been looking for a capri 26. If you intend to leave the capri in a slip, it will make you a good boat. If you intend to trailer frequently then look lighter or smaller. The capri weighs 5100-5200 depending on configuration. Not including the junk you decide to carry with. Let me know if you decide against the one you're looking at.. I'd like to check it out. Nate Jackson

B

Brad Williams

I just bought one.

Michael, I just bought a 90 and hauled it from MI to CO. I think it's a great boat....there are only half a dozen in CO (actually, the boat is currently out of production, but in 10 years, only 300 and some were made). I'm told the boat is coming back in 2002 -- they all will have inboards and wheel steering. Don't know that for fact...just what I hear. What Nate says is very accurate. Because of the boat's beam (9'10") you need oversize permits to tow it on any public roads. If you are slipping the boat, that beam on a 26 foot boat is kinda nice....you've got a big boat feel. If I can answer anything specific, e-mail me directly. brad_williams@ios.doi.gov Good sailing, Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.