Anyone have info on American fiberglass

Aug 4, 2015
American fiberglass 21 My driveway enterprise, AL
Bought an American fiberglass 21 footer. My first sailboat and I can't find any info or manuals on this boat

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Pictures and a HIN number would be helpful. The HIN should be on the starboard side of the stern.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I tried googling your boat. Didn't find what you're looking for. Hopefully someone else here will be more help. Good luck!

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Hello, I did find info in a search titled "sailboats made by American Fiberglass". The first info was on an NADA price and value page. Try American Fiberglass Corp (maybe Corporation would be more accurate). Boats made from 1971 to 1980 according to NADA info. They also listed a total of 6 boats by American Fiberglass Corp. Their info did not include any brochures, but a search for "brochures", "reviews", or "pictures" of the American Fiberglass Corp 21 might lead to something. Best Wishes

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Good Old Boat or Trailer Sailor magazines might have info in old copies or reviews.

The company aligned with several other companies or was bought by them. Aqua Cat and American Sailing were two, I believe. That was in the sailboatdata.com info.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2015
American fiberglass 21 My driveway enterprise, AL
Called American sail inc today. The owner purchased a line from amer fiberglass years ago but no info on anything over 18 feet.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
That is a strange chicken.. The HIN afcd2005m77k.. uses AFC for the manufacturer.. Australian Flightcraft a powerboat maker is tied to that mfg ID.. ??

Jun 4, 2018
American Fiberglass Corp A21 Port Ewen, NY
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I have an A21 as well. Bought her back in 2009. A strange boat indeed! There used to be a site on Yahoo dedicated to American Fiberglass owners but it since has been shut down. I have the original A21 brochure at home - I will try to scan it and upload it. They were built from 1973-78. Yours has been through quite the change! They originally had a red stripe, red bottom and red accents on all the deck grip surfaces. I'll upload some photos of mine, 'Maridee.'

Attachments

Jul 1, 2021
American American 21 Norwood Lake
I have the original A21 brochure at home - I will try to scan it and upload it.
New to the forum and new to sailing here. Was just gifted an American 21. Just wondering if you ever uploaded that brochure?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@me23mcca Thank you for sharing the brochure. That company to my knowledge did not have an owner’s manual as that was rare like most companies of that era. Dave Stanton with American Sail located in Charleston SC purchased the molds for the Aqua Finn and Aqua Cat from American Fiberglass only. He does not know much about the 21.
@Armyaviation Your good source is @me23mcca but I will be glad to help. I am a former sailboat dealer who grew up around Army Aviation. Lived at Ft Rucker and Ft Eustis.

dave condon