Anyone ever 'wide load' trailer / haul their S2 9.2?

May 8, 2018
Allied 42xl Galveston
Galveston update. The S2 is on the market and the Baba35, though spactacularly beautyfull, lacked the equipment available on boats at that price.
I found an 81 Allied 42xl Sparkman Stevens design with a fixed keel...only one made. It has all the offshore equipment cutter rigged....Koler gen..230 hrs...50 hp Yanmar 1300 hrs..new 2002..Garmin radar ..and 1408 plotter...water maker....AC/heat....fridge and separate freezer.

Survey complete and a price agreed upon...just waiting for the title search....probably Monday closing. My robust week long enthusiasm has left me wore out but happier than I can remember.

I told my wife about her new roll as first mate....she said she would get back with me

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
SWEET! nice score dude. welcome to the wonderful world of overbuilt cca sailboats. it's what i prefer.

your going to love the quality of the build and sea-kindlyness of that S&S design. the preformance out in the wild blue yonder will be like few others. ...... and it's fast for a safe, heavy, blue water boat. heavy = comfort and strength.

Jul 29, 2006
-Catalina -2000 36' Pepin, WI
Yup, take it from me, trucker dropped my new 2 me drop dead gorgeous 1995 Catalina 36 on US2 before I even got the chance to sail her. Double insured.... bought 2000 Catalina 36, rode with trucker from MI to Pepin,WI and couldn’t be happier. PM me and we can discuss.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Yeah. I can relate. It is only “our boat” when someone else wants to go out otherwise not so much lol.