Anybody using a larger than 50hp on thier Mac26X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Lantinga

Hi all! What is the max size outboard one can on put on a Mac26X? I have seen only one Mac 26X with a 75hp on it. But lost the contact to the Owner's e mail. So I can't contact to get more information? Anyone out there have a bigger than a 50hp? I relize that this might or will effect warrenty and one will have to renforce the transom to handle the extra wieght and stress from the force.Also what is the best type for fuel and charging and reliablity? 4 stroke or 2 stroke? Any ideas? Thanks From a new going to be a Mac sailer soon?

P

Phil

Max

I am suprised that the boat doesen't have a max hp rating plate on it. Have you tried e-mailing the manufacturer?

S

Sean

Speed Boat

Why not buy a cigarette boat if you have a "need for speed"?

B

Brian

90 hp

Locally there is a MAC 26X with a Honda 90 hp on it. I have seen info on the web of others with 90's as well. I'm sure you would void the warranty by putting on a 90, but it has been done many times. Look at some of the Mac pages on the internet and you'll find the info. By the way the boat I speak of is for sale at Gateway Sailing in Cape Coral, FL. They have a website http://www.gatewaysailing.com/ Email them and act like you're interested in the boat, maybe you can get some info that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.