Anybody know how to use go home feature or equivilent on Navionics.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
If you tap and hold a spot on the map Navionics will create an automatic route from your location to that spot. Inspect the route thoroughly. You can configure your boat parameters in the settings, but even with that the routes sometimes do strange things. In the best cases these might just be sub-optimal routes. In the worst case they might take you to a bridge too low or a shoal too shallow.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If you tap and hold a spot on the map Navionics will create an automatic route from your location to that spot. Inspect the route thoroughly. You can configure your boat parameters in the settings, but even with that the routes sometimes do strange things. In the best cases these might just be sub-optimal routes. In the worst case they might take you to a bridge too low or a shoal too shallow.
Once I had Navonics try to cut me through a salt marsh... but most of the time I think it is a wonderful tool. I like how it will show you marina amenities along the route.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When trying to learn a new APP or piece of software/hardware I have always found reading the manual to be extremely helpful.

Sure it is fun to ask someone for help but then I get a snip-it of an answer and that creates more questions.