any Capri Coronado 15 owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just purchased a used Capri Coranado 15 Are there any other owners our there?

J

Joe South

Me

My family owns one. We sailed it last summer. I had a capsizing incident on July 4th and lost the rudder (I am also a novice sailor). A replacement took several weeks and cost several hundred dollars.

J

Joe South

Pictures of Coronado 15 #3211

http://members.iquest.net/~jsouth/c15/coronado.htm

S

Sue C

Joe, I know what you mean!

Joe, Thanks for the responce, Sorry It has taken me so long to get back here. I finally took my maidain voyge this weekend in the C-15. I have to admit, I did not fair well. Even though I have sailed for 20+ years my experance is a sailfish graduating to a sunfish. (You Know- I only have to hold the mainsheet and the tiller --AND I called them "the rope" and the rudder- didn't have to learn the launguage!) any-how- I had to have some fiberglass repair on the boat- previous owner had tightened the boat on trailer so hard it pushed the roller up through the keel. The repair job came out great. Then I replace the lines (had to learn the names of the lines also)So now I'm ready to go - with only the mainsail. I'm missing the jib and am in search of one, however that's another story. Well 2 weekends in a row I can't go out due to the high winds and white caps on the lake. So this weekend there's a break in the high winds and I go for it. ....................................... Well- First of all I did not have the centerboard "rigged correctly: replaced the lines in the order the previous owner did - Ha I should have been suspecious after the trailor deal. The center board would not lock down, the winds picked back up and changed direction. I can't turn, all I can do is go with the wind, which is blowing me further away from home. I end up lowering the sailing and try to paddle to nowhere. Thankfully a very nice savioir resuced me and towed me home. I think I have the centerboard rigging figured out, but would sure like some words of wisdom! I'm at sue_caldwell@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.