Another Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin

Wow....just finished my first day of cruising aboard my new MAC 26X. Have a few questions: Learning curve on rigging seems to be pretty high, what one or two things can really ruin your day i.e. if you do it wrong, the mast will fall or hit you in the head For begginers has anyone ran into a check list, even better would be a visual checklist. Something I could use for a few months until I get the hang of it?? I HATE CLEVIS PINS ( No question, just had to get that out) Thanks, Kevin Carroll

K

Kevin Barry

Hey, The learning curve is not so long! Clevis pins bite...so if you want to dish out the cash, go for quick pins, but they do cost a bit. You can rig and unrig the mac in about 30-40 minutes. The only disconnect you need to make is the forestay. Leave the backstay and all four sidestays connected and simply roll them up and lash them to the boat somewhere. As far as the critical connection, that is certainly the forestay. If you screw this up the mast will fall. Quick pins can be used in the forestay, and I used one on my Hobie 18 for years without a prob, but they just seem to look weak, even though they aren't. There's a guy named Jeff that sells a couple of videos on "speedy rigging" the mac. From what I've heard they are well done. Check out the Mac26X mail list to find them. You can subscribe to the listserve throught the following link: http://www.macgregor-boats.com/ Fair winds to all. Kevin Newmarket NH

Status
Not open for further replies.