Anchor well leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
- - Oklahoma City
The drain in my anchor well on my Catalina 25 doesn't drain fast enough to keep up with a rainstorm. I end up with water in the bilge below the vee berth. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is a 1984 model TR FK. Thanks, Andrew

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try the C25 Assoc website, it's extremely good

http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

Feb 15, 2005
- - Island Harbor Marina, Palm Harbor FL
Suggestions

Man, must be a heck of a rain storm! I had the common C25 (and others) problem of water leaking through the anchor locker around the drain tube into my v-berth area. It was a simple matter of sealing around the tube inside the locker. As far as water not draining out fast enough, just use a coat hanger to poke through the drain tube and make sure it's not clogged. Also, replace the weatherstripping around the locker hatch to reduce the amount of water getting in. (Note that I said REDUCE, you'll never stop it all!) Jack

May 24, 2006
- - Oklahoma City
Thanks !

I appreciate your reply. I never thought to check the tube for leaks. I have cleaned it repeatedly and the problem persists so I bet the tube is leaking. I'll seal it up and see what happens. Thanks, Andrew

rsn48

Jun 7, 2005
- - Sewell Marina - West Vancouver
Better drainage

IF you drainage hole keeps plugging replace it with larger diameter one. For some reason, people insist on putting in small diametered drain holes in boats; up to a point, bigger is better, faster drainage and no plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.