Anchor storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JayB

I have a 1980 model Catalina 22, and I'm trying to figure out where/how to stow my anchor. It's currently stashed in the cockpit locker, but that means carrying the darn thing all the way to the bow to anchor. Any suggestions?

L

LaDonna Bubak - CatalinaOwners.com

What kind of anchor?

If you have a Danforth style anchor, just get those nifty little holders for the bow pulpit. What kind of anchor is it? LaDonna

D

Dave Bryan

C-22 Anchor Storage

I carry mine under the forward dinette seat. It's still not very handy but the weight is low and not in the ends of the boat, which, if you're competitive, is a good thing. If the weight is not important then LaDonna has the right idea. Hang it from the bow pulpit.

K

Ken Cobb

Stern anchoring

On a small boat with no bow anchor locker, a pretty good trick is to store the anchor in the cockpit lazarette and to set the anchor from the stern. Once it is set, you can walk the rode around to the bow and tie it off there. It is easier to carry the rode to the bow than to carry the whole anchor there. (Just don't drop the rode, or you will need scuba gear to find your anchor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.