Anchor roller on a Grampian 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil

Hi. Has anyone installed an anchor roller on the bow of their Grampian 26? I think the roller would have to be raised above deck level to clear the bow casting and toe rail. I'd like to install one to hold a plow type anchor. Thanks Phil

J

jay

anchor roller

i have installed an anchor roller on the bow of my G 26 that houses a 35 lb. c.q.r. with no problems.its an overkill anchor,but allows me to STOP and SLEEP in PEACE.I through bolted a wedge of teak in the shape of the bow area at the toerail/chock zone.the teak wedge is about 7 in. long with 3 through bolts through deck.the bow roller is a medium length version with 3 pre drilled holes.the 2 holes aft bolted through teak and deck and backing block,the third forward hole bolted right through toerail with abacking block.this drills easy as it is only aluminum and makes the whole lot very strong.also,the teak wedge should be level with toerail so bow roller rests atop and overhangs bow as far as predrilled holes on bow roller allow.whew! hope this helps because it is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.