Anchor Lite ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2005
- - Portland, Maine
I have a 1994 Hunter 40-5, Morning Star, with a burnt out anchor lite. Can anyone give me the bulb type, brand, part number etc. so that I will only have to make one trip up the mast. The mast is by Z-Spar, and Hunter says that only they may know the bulb type as they purchased the complete masts from Z Spar(US Mast) I have been unable to raise US Spars to ask them for the part number an was hoping that someone on this list would have already replaced the bulb in a similar vintage. Thanks, Steve

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
bulb isn't the one noted in manual

Can't help but thought you should know - Same bulb went on our's last season Steve. I bought a replacement based upon what the owner's manual indicated and it was not the correct fit so don't go by that info. In my case, just removing and cleaning the contacts fixed the probelm so I never did find out what the actual bulb size is.

Nov 22, 2005
- - Portland, Maine
Thanks Don

I hope that corrosion is my problem as well. I have never had the mast unstepped and don't know about the prior owner. Thought a bulb in the pocket would save two trips to the top :)

Nov 22, 2005
Hunter 40.5 Annapolis
Try Don's Idea

Steve, I have to go up and clean the contacts on my anchor light about once a season. I would try that before replacement. I am looking at a masthead tricolor replacement with an anchor light. I found a way to do it with the existing wiring. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Jul 25, 2004
Hunter 42 currently in New Zealand
masthead tricolor light

I'd like to add a masthead tricolor light to my masthead as well, but only have an anchor light up there now. How do you do it with the existing wiring?

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Paul, I cannot say for sure, but there may be .

spare wires already there for what you want to do. If I were going to do it to our boat perhaps Hunter Marine Customer Service could tell you for sure. The alternative is to go up the stick and verify. Terry

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Paul, I cannot say for sure, but there may be .

spare wires already there for what you want to do. If I were going to do it to our boat perhaps Hunter Marine Customer Service could tell you for sure. The alternative is to go up the stick and verify. Terry

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
To Paul...

...most of the tri-color / anchor combo lights use the existing anchor light wiring and a reverse-polarity switch to select nav or anchor. Rick D.

Jul 25, 2004
Hunter 42 currently in New Zealand
thanks for the info

Thanks for the info on the anchor light wiring! Looks pretty easy. Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.