Anchor Light Switch Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2004
- - Noank, CT
The anchor light switch on my 1986 C-30 needs to be replaced. How do you remove the old switch? What is the gray stuff holding it in place? Is there a good source to locate a replacement switch?. Bear with me. I am on a roll with many fixes and will be posting many questions. Thanks, Mike

Mar 31, 2004
Catalina 380 T Holland
All Catalina Electrical Panels are from:

Seaward Products. They have replacement panels and switches. Contact them at www.seawardproducts.com. Their phone number is: (562) 699-7997. Steve Alchemist '87 C-30 #4764

M

Mike

Anchor light switch

Thanks for the info. I need to replace the harness as well. After looking at their website, maybe I should replace the whole panel?

Mar 31, 2004
Catalina 380 T Holland
It's worth considering

Wiring practices have changed since 1986, and the new panels should be up to current standards. Just make sure that it will fit in the opening. Talk to Seaward. They should be able to help you. As for the engine wiring harness, REPLACE IT with the upgrade kit from Seaward. It is both a safety (fire due to overheating the old connectors) and an efficiency (long wire runs from the alternator to the battery with the original setup) point of view. I replaced the wiring harness on my '87 C-30 and it was fairly easy (with the exception of fastening the new voltmeter into the old engine panel). Steve Alchemist C-30T #4764 Alchemist C-320 #909

Status
Not open for further replies.