Anchor Light Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2010
Hunter 38 Virginia Beach, VA
Unfortunately, the anchor light on our 2005 Hunter 38 has decided to go out. Instead of going all the way up the mast and removing it to find out what size was needed, I figured someone has gone before me and can save me the extra trip. Any takers as to what bulb I need from West Marine - thanks for the help.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Was up the mast for the same reason this year.
Bulb was actually fine, just loose contacts. A little cleaning and tightening (it's not the best design to hold the bulb given where it's located) and it was back on just fine.

Anyway, it is the same bulb that is used in the Aquasignal bow light

May 27, 2010
Hunter 38 Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks - I'll definately check the contacts - amazing how often that foils your efforts!

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter legend 40.5 Point Roberts, Wa
you would be better off to replace it with an LED then you may never have to go back up the mast

Sep 26, 2010
Hunter 410 Cheboygan Michigan
I've put an LED on my 58 ft. mast on my Hunter 410. It's a 35 watt and is really bright. It doesn't even lift the needle on my amp meter. I'm not sure what type of socket to use. Calling Hunter will yield the answer. They contract out for a lot of things and will refer you to which company to call if they don't know the answer. Selden knew what type of bracket to purchase for my deck light and will probably know what socket type for your mast light.

Status
Not open for further replies.