Anchor light H410

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

Need some help. My anchor light has gone out. I need to drop my main and jib to use the halyards. I am no little guy and only want to go up once. Does any one have an idea of which anchor light is on the H410. I can find no matching numbers or pictures of what through the binoculars I have seen. I have been anchoring at Channel Islands and have had to use my steaming light when I was caught out there. Has anyone replaced the bulb in there anchor light. I have checked the west marine and a couple of online sites but cannot find bulb listed. Thanks.

S

Steve Kamp

Anchor light and other masthead chores

If you have in mast furling,dropping your main to use the halyard may present an inconvenience; if it runs through a masthead sheave,consider using the boom topping lift as a bosun's chair line. Steve

Mulf

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 410 Chester, MD (Kent Island)
When my H410 anchor light went out..

I called Hunter, who sent me to Selden (my mast is a Selden). Apparently Selden set up the whole mast and then delivered to Hunter. Have you hull number ready. Selden then told me the exact specs of the light and even the light bulb id#. Was able to then get the bulb off the shelf at WestMarine. The specs of my light are on the boat but I won't be there for about 3 weeks, sorry. Looking at my Westmarine catalog page 579 makes me pretty sure it's the Aqua Signal 40 light. I used the boom topping lift, an ATN Topclimber, and my Spinaker halyard as a safety line. I recommend looking at the light in WestMarine as it's tricky to take apart. Picture an upside down glass bottle with a screwtop. The screwtop compresses a large rubber gasketwhere the bottle mouth fits over the light base. I had to use a small strap wrench like you use on filters to get it loose.

Feb 15, 2004
Hunter 37.5 Balt/Annapolis/New Bern
Another suggestion...

Davis makes a plug in (LED?) anchor light for a cigarette lighter receptacle or even hardwired. Easy short term solution if you need it and is much less drain on the battery. I and others routinely use them at anchor cliped up high on something (I use my ducthman lines), rather than the masthead light. Yes, I know the rules, but lots of boaters use alternatives and so far I've not been cited anywhere on the east coast. Plus, I feel that those powerboats flying by at night can see my boat easier that way than way up at the masthead.

D

Dave

Thanks

Thanks for all the help. I will call Selden with my numbers. I also may have the small light onboard for emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.