Anchor capstan - winch Maxwell inoperative

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Never had to anchor before in and out marina same day.. Couple weeks ago wind blustery.
16- 25 down wind sail jenny only. Then wind 32- 38 started eng came about one gust 42.
1/4 mile to marina engine quit. Dropped anchor waited hour for tow. Windless power
panel near elec panel with big red knob. No info to pull/push turn. Tried all.
Push pull only about 1/8 movement. Did both. stepped on switch in anchor locker - nothing.
Pulled rode in by hand. What am I doing wrong to make it work? Appreciate any info.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
San Jose, CA

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Those red breakers are pull/on push/off it doesn't move far and very hard, keep engine running and batteries on both or all.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
On my C36, push is on, pull is off. Circuit breaker is located below starboard settee.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Pull off/Push on with my C310. I think the issue is probably that you need the engine running for the windless to work. As mentioned above, there is only a‘little’ movement in the push/pull switch. There is a description of use directly under my switch, but it doesn’t say to have the engine running.
Hope this helps. Cheers
dj

Nov 16, 2017
Catalina 310 #246 TX
Okay, I looked yesterday and not only was I wrong but mine is also LABELED "Pull Off", my memory is really starting to disappoint me at times.
Thanks for the chuckle. It’s a rather large club you have joined.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
Push (Slam) it in hard and it will work even if the engine is not operational (been there, done that).

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Push (Slam) it in hard and it will work even if the engine is not operational (been there, done that).
Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate all the comments. Know what to do now.
Thanks again.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA