Anbody got a used L25 MK V main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
The new owner of my old L25 raised the main while perhaps not quite into a 15-20 knot wind. He must have caught the leech on the spreader as there is now a nice tear in the sail. I didn't know that he and his Brother were taking her out sailing, I wasn't available and thought he was just moving her to my mooring temporarily. I don't blame them though, it sounds like I missed one of the best days of the season. Oh well...I had fun scrubbing the hull and decks of my new boat payment ;-) It's supposed to be 90 degrees and beautiful this weekend. Sounds like a wonderful time to clean Triple Play's bilge :p Bob

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
He bought a main...but for the wrong version

The ripped main was at a sailmaker who told him that the measurement for the foot was about 8 feet. Which it ins't...the sailmaker was lazy and looked it up on his computer. Solara is a mark V with an 11 foot boom, not an 8.5 foot boom. He has already ordered the new main...that won't fit his boat. If anyone with an older L25 is looking for a good deal on a new main I can put you in touch. He is just going to return it, and a new main (Rolly Tasker, 6 oz) is not to be sneezed at for $550. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.