Am I crasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2010
hunter 50AC Cape Canaveral
I don't know if I'm getting crasy. I just find a boat 1982 islander 36 feet good engine good sails verry good price ,But this boat don't
have title only bill of sale, this boat is "salvage" .AS far as inspection evering is in good shape including all new electric sys.

Dos any body know if it is possoble get new title for it . the boat is in fl.

Nov 28, 2009
Catalina 30 St. Croix
If you can get the hull number from the stern, you can go to your area boat registration office and find out. Also send the number to the Coast Guard documentation office and find out. It could be that some one just walked away because of the economy. Ask a boat documentation company how to properly go about it.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I don't know if I'm getting crasy. I just find a boat 1982 islander 36 feet good engine good sails verry good price ,But this boat don't
have title only bill of sale, this boat is "salvage" .AS far as inspection evering is in good shape including all new electric sys.

Dos any body know if it is possoble get new title for it . the boat is in fl.
You should simply check with whatever agency handles boat registration in your state. Probably the DMV. So if you live in Florida, and that's where you want to register it.. just google "Florida recreational boat registration."

Oct 8, 2010
Thanks Kayennita and Joe, I'll meet the owner tomorrow and check for the vin #.The only think I know he bought this booat from the insurance acction.
It has bem sunk ,sold and remodeling .

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
dmv wont help for documentation. a doc service will. uscg might.

Oct 8, 2010
Thanks , Do you have any idea how to get this " doc service " or wat that means?

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
document service-- there is one in san diego --i believe she is also online, dona jenkins, or look in the marine guide for your area under documentation services or yellow pages. they are excellent.

Oct 8, 2010
Ok folks, just get done the final check on the 1982 36 islander,It is very good but I have a good question!!!! This boat draft is 6 foot ....too much for my needs. I want to cut 18" from the bottom of the keel...Dos any body have done this or heard about it? Is there any big change in balance or any other mater ?? My idea is cut the bottom and fiberglass again? Please give me a light some one .thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.