Alternator shutoff switch?

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@SEMPERAVANTI41, interesting our H41DS the 80 amp alternator output was routed from alternator to the starter, to the DC control panel to the house batteries (downstream of the ColePalmer solenoid).
I would imagine the 49/50 having the 100 alternator option would be different whereby the alternator output was direct to an isolator mounted below the navigation station.

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 49 2 San Diego,Ca
The alternator in the Hunter 49/50 is directly wired to the house bank, It is not wired to the starter or the start battery.
Thanks for this guidance, my job this week is to trace all the wires as it seems there could be multiple different options on routing and who knows what the previous 3 owners may have done.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
DayDreamer 41, on my 2007 41DS the alternator was wired exactly as you describe. The big change Hunter made was removal of the ColeHersee solenoid to separate the house and start batteries and going to a "combiner" or "automatic charging relay". I can state categorically that the red 4 gauge wire goes directly from the alternator to the house bank. The ACR is located under the aft settee along with the battery switches and some dc circuit breakers.