Alcohol Stove on my G23

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RJ

My wife and I plan on taking our first long cruise in a couple weeks. We've had the boat a few years, and are pretty happy with it, but because we've only been out for day runs around Toronto harbour, never needed to figure out this stove! There's a line and connector from the stove but no "tank" on board to attach to it. Anyone have any idea how these things work, what parts I'm going to need? If need be, I can always take my camping Coleman stove but am leery of using propane on board at all.

Dec 5, 2004
Glander Tavana Mexico Beach, Florida
Coleman

We use a Coleman propane stove on our boat at present. I am in the process of switching to an Origo though. Anyway, we put the Coleman outside the companionway hatch on the cockpit seat. It is a perfect cooking platform as we can stand in the hatch in any weather and cook.

May 11, 2005
Seidelman S37 Slidell, La.
Propane

I use a propane camping stove in my S2. It has an alchol stove, but for some reason I really hate the beast. I found a stainless two burner propane at wally world for like 40 bucks. I keep the small propane bottles in a plastic milk crate, tied on the deck in front of the mast. Under my dinghy when it's up there. Works well. I am more comfortable with this setup than with the start a fire to warm the burner program of the alchol.

Status
Not open for further replies.