Alarm Panal..Buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott

2002 34 MK II with an M35B with 300 hr's.... While returning from a trip this weekend with the engine running for approximately 11 hours at around 1800 to 2000 rpm's I noticed a very faint, intermittent buzz actually more like a faint, slight beep coming from the black, round alarm on the control panel at the helm. I did notice the "High Temp" red light would also intermittently blink with the alarm. When I increased or decreased the engine RPM the alarm and the light would stop. The temp gauge read normal, 165 degrees and all else seems fine. Checked the oil level and coolant level and all is fine as well. Any ideas??? Thank you, Scott

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
Mine too Scott

2002 C-36 here. I think the sensor is vibrating causing a false alarm. I have not check my engine alignment yet. Have you?

S

Scott

Alignment

Jim, Thanks for the reply..... Not sure what you mean about engine alignment in regard to the alarm? My engine runs very smooth and no weird vibrations. Maybe a loose connection or sending unit??? You can email me at sailacat34@yahoo.com direct if you wish. BTW, I sailed from Manasquan Inlet to Baraget Inlet on Saturday. Ocean was very smooth... Great Day, blowing 15 to 18 with puffs over 20 knts... Ended up at Watersedge and made the Rt.37/Mathis bridge by 11:00pm....Last lift is at 11pm. Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.