airhorn install

• Thread starter Anomymous 163294
  • Start date
A

Anomymous 163294

i am looking to install airhorn on my 22 oday. i want to have my compresser inside vberth on bulkhead port side. so where i have my airhorn sitting right now (not mounted) does anyone see any problems with it being permanetly mounted in this location? any ideas? other wise. my battery sits under counter. as i made a new switch panel tia

Attachments

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
No, no, no. You can't do that. Too power boatish.

HOWEVER, if you must insist on mounting an airhorn, make sure you do it up right. Firstly, an air compressor capable of suppling at least 150 PSI for one good long blast. Next, the right airhorn ............... a Nathan Airchime K5LA locomotive engine train horn. Only the big boys of the rails get to wear this beauty. Let's 'em know from five miles back you're on the way, and coming in full speed ahead.

A

Anomymous 163294

No, no, no. You can't do that. Too power boatish.

HOWEVER, if you must insist on mounting an airhorn, make sure you do it up right. Firstly, an air compressor capable of suppling at least 150 PSI for one good long blast. Next, the right airhorn ............... a Nathan Airchime K5LA locomotive engine train horn. Only the big boys of the rails get to wear this beauty. Let's 'em know from five miles back you're on the way, and coming in full speed ahead.

was thinkin about those horns... but settled for these. i guess the only place i can really mount these is on my spreader bar or drill into my mast and mount them there?

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Have you considered battery capacity for the compressor? You'll want to do some careful consideration of spreader or mast mounted horns so the jib doesn't get caught. Deck mounted creates a trip hazard. Bow pulpit, mast mounting below the boom or on the boom might be a good location. Alternatively, a store bought can with a horn will last years under normal usage

A

Anomymous 163294

my compressor is the size of a chunky soup can. and my battery is 90ah

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I’m curious what problem you’re looking to solve with a compressor driven air horn that a handheld can won’t address.

I’m not criticizing, mind you. Your boat, your choice, as they say. It’s just a bit unusual for a 22 foot boat so I’m curious on the rationale.

A

Anomymous 163294

i had a horn on my 18 fter as well. is that irrantionale? i think all boats , just like vehicles should have actual horns

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
I just happened to run across this.

A

Anomymous 163294

well after many hours of deliberation and hming and hawing along with many busting my chops on this airhorn subject, logically thinking about this. i will no longer be installing them on my boat. so, your asking yourselves this question now "what is he going to do with the airhorns:? well you see . the story goes a lil like this..... back about 4 years ago i picked me up a daymak road warrior. . ok so now you ask me , What is a daymak road warrior? as the story goes on , the daymak road warrior is an all terrain street legal ebike. can you see where i am heading with this story? anyways. the existing horn really sucks . so i plan on installing this unit into it. as for a boat horn i will buy a few hand held air canisters. thank you all for the replies and knowledge and for bustin my chops. lol..... so now your asking, what does this bike look like. well here it is. mind you this is the stock photo. i have mine modded out with a few things. but untill the airhorn is affixed i wont show it. mine does not have the mufflers. and i also installed bush lights. and a led scrolling msg plate.

Attachments

A

Anomymous 163294

I just happened to run across this.

looks cool. but i hate the price. especially when there is 3 options. just the tool, just tool and bat and tool, bat and charger. 3rd choice is unbelievable price. sooner stick with just the air canisters

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
looks cool. but i hate the price. especially when there is 3 options. just the tool, just tool and bat and tool, bat and charger. 3rd choice is unbelievable price. sooner stick with just the air canisters
I hated the price too, but I liked the third review. He liked it and his kids hated it. LOL I don't know why that popped up today as an ad but I thought of your post and thought I would share it.

A

Anomymous 163294

I hated the price too, but I liked the third review. He liked it and his kids hated it. LOL I don't know why that popped up today as an ad but I thought of your post and thought I would share it.
im glad you did. who know. might get it , just not to keen on price....

A

Anomymous 163294

well, i just got an idea from someone , and i would never have thought it on my own, and noone here has actually mentioned it either. surprising enough. but i will be buying another airhorn of the same as i just installed on my bike. and adding a bow sprit to my boat.