AFT SAILING SEATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob

Does anyone know if aft sailing seats are available for the 22? Or who manufactures such a thing?

G

Gary

perch seats

I own a 36 and made seats for the stern pulpit. It cost me about $30 and a few club members are coping mine. I got the material at Tap Plastics. I think its trade name is seaboard. I cut a wood pattern in the shape I wanted. I let it sit on the lower rail and drilled small holes in it and used plastic ties to hold it in place, I used stainless steel with 45 dregree fittings(which I already had) and fastened it to the bottom of the seat.I did use some rope to have the bottom rail share the load with the top rail for safe loads. Al and all it does look pretty good and is very strong..Gary

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

I LOVE IT!

Your club members aren't going to be the only ones copying you! I printed that idea out & will start working on it this weekend!

J

Joe Kleid

aft seats

It would seem to me, that sitting aft in a 22 will have a dramatic effect on the sailing characteristics of this boat, I try to sit as close to center, and my mate usually stands below for best results. On a bigger (read heaver) boat sitting aft probably does not affect sailing .

Status
Not open for further replies.