Adding Winch and deck organizer on a B323

Apr 7, 2020
Beneteau 323 DOSC Dubai
Hello People, I am an brand new yacht owner and now own a Oceanis 323 Clipper. As a boat from 2007 that is well kept, I do expect to be doing lots of work on her.

One thing I am trying to do is to add the starboard deck equipment. winch, clutches and deck organiser. I have found a used winch and am looking for guidance on how to install it. Do I fasten it thru the head roofing? like the main sheet fastners?

as well I am still looking to add a deck organiser; which seems to be more elusive than expected. If anyone knows where to find one, or have one, please drop me line? thanks.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Nice upgrades. You can buy these from any sailboat hardware supplier or marine / boatyard chandlery.

Installing winches:
Installing deck hardware:

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Garhauer Marine is an excellent source of quality deck hardware at good prices.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It is sometimes rewarding to check out the SBO Part Sales, right here on the site. There are some hidden gems that might help with your boat bling.

If You have questions I have found SBO’s @Dave Groshong to be helpful at the Store.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Try Beneteau spare parts site. They will likely be capable of replicating your existing hardware. Also, look in the owners manual for specific layout of optional deck hardware for spinnaker application. There should be a removeable panel in the overhead cabin liner to facilitate access to the area in which line clutches and winch bases will be located.

Apr 7, 2020
Beneteau 323 DOSC Dubai
Nice upgrades. You can buy these from any sailboat hardware supplier or marine / boatyard chandlery.

Installing winches:
Installing deck hardware:
Thanks for the excellent video suggestions, I am aware of what is out there but trying to see if I can find an exact match for the deck organiser. So far no luck..
I did find a matching winch, so the journey has started. first get my deck hardware organised and next will be adding halyards etc to the mast. Strangely the boat came with a spinnaker boom, but no hardware.

All the other post, thanks!

Stay safe out there!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
My B323 came new with the "spinnaker package"- a winch a line stopper and halayrd IIRC. The winch is through-bolted, so has large washers, and acorn nut in the head ceiling. I suggest an eye stap or two as a place to for a coat hanger when changing clothes. The aqua color shelf is one of 3 I adeed, made by a plastics place in Annapolis. Lots of storage there. I have 12 line stoppers on deck, 6 per aside.

Attachments

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Spareparts.beneteauusa.com shows your original 6 sheave organizer as part 015973, but says it’s obsolete, so you can’t get it from them. Looks like the current Schaefer equivalent is available here - Schafer Schaefer Deck Organizers. Or you could get a Spinlock model, something like Spinlock T-Series Deck Organizers which is stackable to 2 high. That’s what Beneteau used on our 37.

If the hardware was available as an option from the factory on the 323 then you’ll likely see places on the deck where there is no non-skid, right where the hardware should be mounted. Those areas are solid glass, so you can through-bolt without worrying about core. If not you should overdrill the holes, fill with epoxy, then redrill before bolting.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
Try this site to see if it leads you anywhere. It's a very basic web site, but I bought some old parts for our 1990 Beneteau from them, they do have information on international shipping on the site. Rig-Rite, Inc.

RigRiteScreenshot.png

Apr 7, 2020
Beneteau 323 DOSC Dubai
Update:
So far I have sent emails to all the Sparcraft distributors world wide to see if one had one laying around on the shelves, and I might have found one.. lets see if it reaches me in the next coming weeks. Thanks for the help people.. excellent!! Hope you all are staying safe and healthy.. here in Dubai its full on lockdown.. with continuing extensions for the lockdown period.. Lets hope it is the right approach..

R.
@Ron20324 Thanks for the pic, I was looking for that.. will give me guidance.. do you have a traveller? and how many bolts have been used for that? I guess the same as the others, through the head lining?
Wow six line stoppers? could you post a deck picture as well? thanks

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020
Beneteau 323 DOSC Dubai
Hello People, I am an brand new yacht owner and now own a Oceanis 323 Clipper. As a boat from 2007 that is well kept, I do expect to be doing lots of work on her.

One thing I am trying to do is to add the starboard deck equipment. winch, clutches and deck organiser. I have found a used winch and am looking for guidance on how to install it. Do I fasten it thru the head roofing? like the main sheet fastners?

as well I am still looking to add a deck organiser; which seems to be more elusive than expected. If anyone knows where to find one, or have one, please drop me line? thanks.
To all those contributed, thanks and a little update: So I already found the Winch, in good working order and reasonably priced, also luck has it that after sending out aprox 45 emails, I found a dealer that still had a new Deck organiser laying on the shelfs, and happily sold it to me for a very friendly price as well. So I was very happy to have received my brand new Sparcraft organiser this morning. so getting one step closer to the installation.
0FF7170F-763A-443B-90C3-2109903E4691.JPG

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I might be a tad late here, but just found a 2-line version in the closet that MIGHT have been the OEM (dealer) unit. It is a Garhauer brand with a $35 sticker on it from some used cource. Looks the same as picture 11, but is sheet SS, not aluminum.

Nov 30, 2021
Beneteau 323 Galveston Bay
Hi y'all!
I'm trying to source all parts for adding starboard line handling as well. Does anybody have a source for the Spincraft organizer? 6 would be best, but 3 or 4 would be acceptable?
Thanks in advance,
Henk

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Hi y'all!
I'm trying to source all parts for adding starboard line handling as well. Does anybody have a source for the Spincraft organizer? 6 would be best, but 3 or 4 would be acceptable?
Thanks in advance,
Henk
I think maybe you mashed Sparcraft and Spinlock together into Spincraft?

The 4 sheave Spinlock is available through this site’s store at Spinlock T-Series Deck Organizers. Other models say they’re out of stock but my guess is they can get them too.

Places like Defender have other Spinlock and Schaeffer models.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
In my reply to the OP, I was specifically advising that I had found hardware from the same era at Rig Rite. If the Sparcraft organizer is obsolete and unavailable as mentioned in post #8 above, then maybe consider the Schafer or the Spinlock alternatives. On my current boat, I had very good luck adding a second stacked organizer to increase the number of lines handled on my starboard side.

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_1651.jpeg