Adding storage compartments to a 2000 Hunter 290

May 29, 2011
Just Enough 290 Fort Walton Beach
I live aboard full time. This boat is well equipped with a galley, fridge/icebox, built in HVAC system, 2 batteries, a fresh water tank, water heater, head, and v-berth and aft cabin. However, one of the closets holds the hvac system, one settee in main cabin holds the fridge compressor and pump for hvac, other settee, holds the batteries

drdanj

Jun 15, 2009
Hunter 290 Channel Islands
Due to a surgical procedure, I was told I should step away from sailing. I owned a '96 Beneteau Oceanis 400. It had great stowage. But my surgeon said messing about with big sails and big winches, and the fact I could go out in bigger seas was too risky. I didn't want to give up sailing so I found my 2000 H 290. What a great boat I can even stand up and lay down in it ("m tall). It's great for light air sailing and thus lower risks. While they crammed a lot of room inside 29', stowage is really limited. Oddly, I discovered a PO took this boat to the Sea of Cortez. How they lived aboard would be great to learn. There is stowage under the front and back berths, but it's hard to get to. I've wondered about putting little doors in the footwells to get to part of those little cubbies, it would still be cumbersome.