Adding Outboard Tilt Control (actuator) To Hunter 260

Jul 15, 2020
Hunter Hunter 260 Lake Tahoe
One problem I have had with my outboard on the Hunter 260 is lowering and raising the 9.9hp outboard motor. When my daughter takes the boat out starting next year, I do not know how she will manage this so I was considering adding a tilt controller. This will also take a lot of strain from the potential slipping out the hand etc and the outboard drops. Just wondering if anyone has done this? There seem to be some good hacks like this one that could be implemented relatively inexpensively:

I am just not sure with that particular set up if we could get low enough on the bracket for this to work. The bracket would also need a small modification.

Sep 11, 2013
Catalina 25 6106 Lake Erie Metro Park
I experienced a similar issue after rotator cuff surgery and solved it with a power trim and tilt unit added to my existing motor lift bracket. Search for “outboard motor trim and tilt unit “. I bought the one from “Panther” model 55 through Bass Pro shop. Best $600 I ever spent. I had to remove the mounting pad and drill my own holes to attach it directly to the lift bracket and it does space the motor about 8 inches or so further back but it raises the motor high enough so that I don’t even have to adjust the lift bracket. I leave it fully lowered and the tilt unit raises the motor clear out of the water with the push of a bottom. My boat is in storage at the moment, but l can send pix if you’re interested.
Tom G