adding cubbies in the cockpit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdanza

Sep 30, 2009
Catalina 22 Visalia, Ca
I am looking at other places to spend time and money on my 22. Noticed the other day I don't have a convenient place for my hat, sunblock, diet pepsi....I see that new boats have cubbie holes (and cup holders!) in the sides of the cockpits and want to know if anyone has installed a cubbie or two in their boat, and if it turned out and if you would recommend it to someone. Is there a kit out there? I have some deck work to do, so, I thought while I was at it, I'd "upgrade" while restoring.
Thanks!
Greg

OldCat

Jul 26, 2005
Catalina , Nacra 5.8, Laser, Hobie Hawk Wonmop, CO
One option is the Blue Performance line of storage bags. They have cockpit bags that combine halyard storage with cup holders. I have two of their "Bulkhead Sheet Combination Bags" One mounted inside the boat for the sunscreen, bugspray and the first aid kit. One is outside for lines and water bottles. I also have a smaller bag on the inside that holds registration, sunglasses and similar small items.

They look good, aren't expensive if you shop around, and are easy to install - just 4 holes to drill.

OC

Feb 26, 2008
Catalina 30 Marathon, FL
When I still had my Catalina 22 I cut some plywood using the bottom hatch board as a template. Painted it white, then I mounted two white plastic cup holders and a GPS holder on it from West Marine.

Did its job and was easy to stow below.

Jim

gdanza

Sep 30, 2009
Catalina 22 Visalia, Ca
Thanks for the link and the idea! I didn't even know what they were called... you guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.