adding a windlass c34

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pat

I want to add a windlass to my 1988 C34 and want to get input from someone that has already done it. I am looking at the Maxwell freedom 800 because of the low profile. I am thinking of putting on the starboard anchor hatch and would shore up the hatch to do so. Comments please. thanks pat

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Poor man's windlass

Ok, so this really isn't an answer to your question but in the July/August issue of "Good Old Boat" (Don Casey's magazine - hard to come by but excellent), there are instructions on how to use a mast winch & extra line to make a "poor man's windlass". It's done in comic-book style but a great idea for anyone who can't part with a thousand bucks for a real windlass! :) LaDonna

J

John Langsenkamp

Addition to LaDonna

I use the lazy man's wndlass. The extra line LaDonna says can also be used as a trip line to help to release the anchor if necessary. The line comes from the anchor thru a block on the pulpit then back to the winch on the mast. Place a mooring ball on the line to guage if you are anchored well. If the anchor is slipping, the ball will try to go under the water. You don't want to use a ball that is to large.Use one that is not too boyunt.

B

Bob

windlass

Pat the best way ive seen is in the 36 teck notes if you e-mail me your address i will send you a copy rwmuse@earthlink

Status
Not open for further replies.