Adding a holding tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martin

I have recently purchased a Beneteau Oceanis 311 and the lake at which it will be sailed on requires me to have a holding tank. At present there is a sea waste and cock. Can anyone advise me on where I can either get more information or obtain one for self fitting? Thank you

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

Talk to Beneteau

The 311's built here in the States have a 13 gallon holding tank. so you could probably work through Charleston Charlie

D

Dr. Bob Brown

Go Bigger

I have the stock holding tank on my B311. It isn't really big enough; if you dry the bowl after each use you will fill the 13 gal. tank in about 2 or 2 1/2 days. Bummer. There is room for a bigger tank in the starboard after corner of the head, beside the pot and inside the foul weather storage. There should be room for at least a 20 gal. tank, if you can find one with the right shape factor because the bottom of the current area isn't used.

Kosmo

Jun 2, 2004
- - -
Are you saying you don't have a tank???

By the way you worded your question I get the impression you don't think you now have a holding tank. I suspect you do as the 311 is a newer model, but haven't set your valves to position them so the waste goes to the holding tank. Can you add more information to your question? Regards, John

Status
Not open for further replies.