Addendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
I forgot to include this in my last post about sailing down upper Chesapeake Bay:

It was very interesting sailing along the Aberdeen Proving Grounds (well outside the security zone). There was what sounded like a huge machine gun, loud as a cannon and about 120 rounds per minute firing off. Mixed in was the more rapid firing of smaller machine guns and the occasional artillery or tank round, first the firing, and then the louder explosion and large cloud of smoke.

It was like listening to the very hammers of hell pounding out the raw material for peace and freedom as we know it.

---------------

I'm now in Oxford. I spent the entire day on a single point of sail, one of my favorites, flat greasy calm with the engine running in the optimum power band. Lots of fog starting out. It was nice to be a sailor from Maine and so used to it but I would have liked to have seen a little more of the coast before the bridge where it cleared up.

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
Glad to hear that you've made it to the Choptank. If you get tired of the civilization that is Oxford try LaTrappe Creek which is 2 creeks east of Oxford. We anchored inside the point quite happily on an Endeavor 32' and it is a gorgeous spot. There was a pair of Bald Eagles in trees at the point when we left the following morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.