Added start battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Added new start battery and posted this on Cat 25-250 site needed better picture setup. http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17163 paulj

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
Yep; I did the same thing

a couple weeks ago. Now have the two 4Ds for the house bank and a group 27 starting. Had to do some re-wiring so that if I am on battery selector switch #1, it is for the one battery and if I go to setting #2, then I am on the two 4Ds. I only wish that Catalina would have made my battery box large enough so that 8Ds would fit in there instead of the 4Ds.

Feb 21, 2007
- - Quantico, VA
Hmmm, how do you get the batteries out anyway

I am just curious, and some mechanical things are not always so obvious to me. How do you get the standard batteries out to replace them? Are there any tricks (e.g. unscrew this first, rotate outboard one to the right, etc)?

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
rotation game

Ray Rotate the 4d inboard battery first than rotate the 4d out board battery and pull it out first....easy peasey japanesey. Need more detail let me know. paulj

B

Bill

wiring diagram

Would you have a wiring diagram of your set up with the starting battery?

MarkZ

Nov 5, 2005
Hunter 49 Green Turtle Bay: Ky
Wiring...

Paul, When you added the new battery did you just take the leads from one of the 4D's and move them to the start battery? That's what I'm considering to do with mine, but I've notice something on my boat that may present a problem. When I have just one of the batteries selected, there seems to still be a small discharge from the idle battery. And that would be a problem if I just moved one of the battery circuits over to the new start battery. Have you noticed anything like that with your battery arrangement?

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Yes I just moved one existing lead from the battery post

bank to the start battery. I did not change any wiring at the 1-2-off main switch. There is constanat draw on the batteries for the GREEN service light and the bilge pump when on standby. I'm not sure how this is wired, haven't bothered to check. Still working on sail mast gate design.....any ideas? paulj

Jul 16, 2006
-Catalina C310 RNSYS
sail mast gate design

Hello Paul When you perfect the design let me know. I have been thinking about gates for several years. I use a jackline at the moment. I would prefer to use mast gates and perhaps batslides or something like that. I have looked at the Catalina 25 design. I suppose I could 'manufacturer' a set from some plate aluminum or something. Regards, Chris

Jeff75

Dec 9, 2007
Catalina 310 Niagara on the Lake
battery rotation

Paul, When you rottate the batteries out do you have to remove the 2x4 block that holds the wire connecters first? Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.